2015-16 Results | Resources for Educators and Parents | For More Information
The documents below include the DC-wide 2015-16 school year PARCC results presentation and supporting data files. The data files provide aggregate state, sector, and school overall results as well as English language arts and mathematics results by school. Drop-downs have been provided to assist users in reviewing these data files in different ways. Please note that the data files are large and may take a few moments to load. Loading status can be found in the bottom right corner of the spreadsheet.
- 2016 District of Columbia PARCC Results Presentation [PDF]
- Detailed 2015-16 and 2014-15 PARCC and MSAA Achievement Results [XLS]
- PARCC ELA school level 2015-16 [XLS]
- PARCC Math school level 2015-16 [XLS]
- School, LEA, and State Participation 2015-16 [XLS]
Resources for Educators and Parents
- Parent Guide to Understanding 2016 Student Score Reports: This is a resource to help families prepare for and understand the individual student reports that will be available in September 2016. Available in English, Español, Amharic, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese (Mandarin), and French. A MSAA score report guide is available here. [PDF]
- Sample Math Student Score Report: This PARCC sample score report provides students, families, and educators with more detailed information about where a student did well or needs more support in Math. Available in English, Español, Amharic, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese (Mandarin), and French. A MSAA sample math score report is available here. [PDF]
- Sample English Language Arts (ELA) Student Score Report: This PARCC sample score report provide students, families, and educators with more detailed information about where a student did well or needs more support in ELA. Available in English, Español, Amharic, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese (Mandarin), and French. A MSAA sample ELA score report is available here. [PDF]
- Frequently Asked Questions from Families: The FAQ from Families is a guide for teachers, principals, and LEA leaders to prepare for and respond to questions about the new PARCC assessment and spring 2015 results.
- PARCC Instructional Tools and Score Reports Workshop: PowerPoint from sessions OSSE hosted in June 2016 to provide LEA staff with a refresher on PARCC test design, individual student score reports, data files, and other resources available to support use of PARCC results for instructional planning in advance of the 2016 results release. OSSE continues to support LEAs by offering on-site workshops on understanding the PARCC assessment. For more information or to sign-up for a professional development visit contact: Cassie Lynott at [email protected] or (202) 535-2651.
- Released Test Items and Professional Development Tools: To give educators a powerful tool for classroom teaching and learning, the PARCC states released test items which were used during the spring 2015 PARCC assessment. The PARCC Partnership Resource Center library includes 850 assessment items, scoring rubrics, and sample scored and annotated student responses in both English language artsand mathematics for grade 3 through high school. In addition to the released items, the PARCC Partnership Resource Center features professional learning tools and other resources to support educators and families. Test items from the 2016 PARCC assessment will be available later in 2016.
- Tutorials, Practice tests, and Sample Items: Prior to the spring 2015 administration, resources were developed to allow students, families, and educators to experience the computer-based format, item types, and technology features on the PARCC assessment. The practice site includes the following: Tutorials; Practice Tests; Sample Items
For more information
To learn more about how the test is designed and what it measures, talk with your student’s teacher, visit PARCConline.org, or call OSSE at (202) 719-6500.
To explore how families, educators, and schools can use these reports, visit osse.dc.gov/parcc or call OSSE (202) 719-6500.
To learn more about how individual schools and LEAs performed, visit results.OSSE.dc.gov.
[PDF] This document is presented in Portable Document Format (PDF). A PDF reader is required for viewing. Download a PDF Reader or learn more about PDFs.