The mission of the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) is to remove barriers and create pathways for District residents to receive a great education and prepare them for success in college, careers, and life.
Currently, there are thousands of military families with students enrolled in the District of Columbia Public Schools and public charter schools. This website provides resources to assist with the specific needs of your military family.
Questions? If you have any questions that are not addressed in the material available on this site, please contact Sarah Martin, deputy chief of staff, at [email protected] or (202) 286-2153.
School Liaison Officer: For further assistance, you may also contact the Joint Base Anacostia Bolling School Liaison Officer at [email protected].
Thank you for your service, and welcome to Washington, DC.
- Serving Military Children - Overview of the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
- DCPS overview
- What is my child’s right-to-attend school within DCPS?
- How do I enroll my child in his or her right-to-attend DCPS school?
- How do I enroll my child within DCPS but at a school other than my right-to-attend school (i.e., out-of-boundary school)?
- Public charter schools overview
- How do I enroll my child in a public charter school?
- Where can I find more information on public charter schools?
- What is My School DC and the DC Common Lottery?
- How do I apply for the My School DC lottery?
- Where can I get more information about the My School DC lottery?
- How do I verify my District residency to enroll my child in a public charter school?
- I moved to the District mid-year. How do I enroll my child in school?
- What immunizations must my child have?
- Is there transportation available for children of military families to attend school?
- Pre-K overview
- Where can my child attend tuition-free pre-K?
- How old must my child be to enroll in pre-K?
- How do I enroll my child in pre-K?
- How do I verify my District residency to enroll my child in pre-K?
- How can I find child care for my child, rather than pre-K?
- What immunizations must my child have to attend pre-K?