I moved to the District after the lottery or in the middle of the school year. How do I enroll my child in school?
- You may enroll your child in your K-12 right-to-attend or out-of-boundary DCPS school. Please see above for more information.
- If you arrive in the District after the lottery ends but before January, you may also apply for placement in a public charter school through My School DC. Please check the My School DC web site for the dates of the post-lottery application period.
- Post-lottery applications will be added automatically to the schools’ waitlists, and schools will process them in the order they are received. Please see the current list of schools with open seats.
- Once you are offered a seat, please contact the school immediately to explain your circumstances. It will be up to the school to accommodate your specific situation. You may also contact the Student Liaison Officer for Naval District Washington Daniel Dunham at (202) 433-2566.
- If your child is not immediately admitted to a public charter school of their choice, he/she will be expected to attend their right-to-attend DCPS school, pursuant to District law.
The District of Columbia Department of Health encourages parents or guardians to obtain required physical exams and vaccinations for their children before the start of each school year. Students are required to have their immunizations updated in order to attend school. Students receiving the well-child exam and updating their immunization records will ensure the safety of the entire community.
The District’s No Shots, No School Initiative provides several resources detailing the District’s policy on immunizations.
Yes, transportation to and from school is provided by the Department of Defense to families residing on Joint Base Anacostia Bolling AFB, but restrictions do apply. Families may contact the Student Liaison Officer for Naval District Washington Daniel Dunham at (202) 433-2566 or Joint Base Anacostia Bolling School Bus Coordinator at (202) 767-8138 for specific information regarding this program.