The Division of Postsecondary and Career Education in the Office of the State Superintendent (OSSE) developed the following list of resources to support college and career advisors and counselors in the District of Columbia’s middle and high schools. An additional resource list follows for advisors and counselors to share with students and families.
OSSE Program Grants
OSSE manages grants that support college and career readiness work offered by local education agencies, nonprofit agencies, and community partners. These links lead to information about these grants and application processes for local education agencies in DC.
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Certification Program
- DC Career Academy Network (DC CAN)
- Dual Enrollment
- SAT and ACT Preparation Expansion Grant
OSSE College and Career Programs and Initiatives
OSSE also offers regular programs and initiatives that support advisors and counselors’ efforts to encourage college and career readiness among their middle and high school students.
- DC College Application and Exploration Month
- DC College Signing Day
- FAFSA Completion Initiative
- FAFSA Portal - access to the portal is determined by user role (Local Education Agency, District of Columbia College Access Program (DC-CAP), community-based organization)
- Postsecondary Access and Readiness Series
- SAT School Day
- What's Next Campaign
Multiple conferences for middle and high school students are offered to support college and career readiness.