The Division of Postsecondary and Career Education in the Office of the State Superintendent (OSSE) developed the following list of resources to support middle and high school students and their support networks as they prepare for college and careers after high school graduation.
OSSE Student Opportunities
OSSE manages grants, scholarships, and other programs that support students’ college and career learning opportunities. These links lead to information about these grants and their application processes.
- College Conversations
- DC Tuition Assistance Grant Program (DCTAG)
- Mayor’s Scholars Undergraduate Program
- OSSE Scholars Summer Enrichment Program
- The United States Senate Youth Program (USSYP)
The following pages provide information that can support your college planning.
- My College Fact Finder
- US Department of Education College Scorecard
- Learn about Colleges - College Navigator (NCES)
- Mapping Your Future
- Big Future - The College Board
- National College Access Network
- The College Board
The following pages provide information to support your career planning.
Searchable Scholarship Lists for Students
Community partners like the C3N and DC-CAP, as well as federal and national programs offer additional resources for students seeking scholarships information. You can learn about and apply for scholarships using these links.
- College Board Searchable Scholarship Database
- Go College - Searchable Scholarship Database
- Paying for College: Student Resource Guide
- The Sallie Mae Fund
- Scholarships for Undocumented Students and Financial Aid Information for Undocumented Students
Financing College - Helpful Links
Private and public agencies support the following pages that provide information to help you and your family prepare to finance your college and career education.
- College Abacus
- DC College Savings Plan
- DC Public Schools Scholarship Information
- FAFSA Application
- FAFSA - Guide to Completing the FAFSA
- FAFSA Check List (Fast Web)
- FinAid.org Information Page
- IRS Education Tax Credits
- IRS - Tax Benefits for Education - Tax Credit Filing Form
- IRS - Tax Information for Students
- Stafford Loan Forgiveness for Teachers
- US Department of Education - Financial Aid Toolkit