College and Career Prep – Students and Families
To support traditional middle and high school students and their personal support networks, the Division of Postsecondary and Career Education in the Office of the State Superintendent (OSSE) has developed the following list of resources.
OSSE Student Opportunities
OSSE manages grants, scholarships, and other programs that support student’s college and career learning opportunities. These links lead to information about these grants and their application processes.
- DC Tuition Assistance Grant Program (DCTAG)
- Mayor’s Scholars Undergraduate Program
- OSSE Scholars
- Summer Transition Program
- The United States Senate Youth Program (USSYP)
The following pages provide information that can support your college planning.
- My College Fact Finder
- US Department of Education College Scorecard
- Learn about Colleges – College Navigator
- Mapping Your Future
- Big Future – The College Board
- National College Access Network
- The College Board
The following pages provide information to support your career planning.
- Learn about Careers – Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Explore Careers – Mapping Your Future
- Hottest Careers for College Graduates – College Board
Searchable Scholarship Lists for Students
Community partners like the C3N and DC-CAP, as well as federal and national programs offer additional resources for students seeking scholarships information. You can learn about and apply for scholarships using these links.
- C3N Scholarship Listing
- College Board Searchable Scholarship Database
- DC-CAP Scholarship Listing
- Go College Searchable Scholarship Database
- Paying for College: Student Resource Guide
- The Sallie Mae Fund
- The Hope Scholarship and the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit
- Scholarships for Undocumented Students and Financial Aid Information for Undocumented Students
Financing College – Helpful Links
Private and public agencies support the following pages that provide information to help you and your family prepare to finance your college and career education.
- College Abacus
- DC College Savings Plan
- DC Public Schools Scholarship Information
- FAFSA Application
- FAFSA Completion Publication [PDF]
- FAFSA Completion Video (Fast Web)
- FinAid.org Information Page
- IRS - Tax Benefits for Education - (Tax Credit Filing Form)
- IRS - Tax Information for Students
- Stafford Loan Forgiveness for Teachers
- US Department of Education - Financial Aid Toolkit