Completing the FAFSA is the first step to accessing financial aid for college.
The DC FAFSA Completion Initiative encourages schools, and community-based organizations to set a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) completion goal to increase the proportion of their high school seniors who complete the FAFSA by 3 percent from the prior year. This year the initiative runs from Dec. 2023 – Sept. 2024 and is open to all public and public charter high schools in the District and interested community-based organizations.
While many schools and community-based organizations in the District have already begun working hard to boost FAFSA completion rates, this initiative will recognize their achievements and support their efforts through the following:
- The FAFSA Portal
- DC FAFSA Completion Initiative Toolkit
- DC FAFSA Completion Awards
For more information about this exciting initiative, please contact Joi Jones at [email protected].
Congratulations to our 2022-23 FAFSA Completion Award Winners!
OSSE is excited to announce the winning schools for the 2022-23 FAFSA Completion Awards. The winners are:
- MVP Awards – BASIS DC Public Charter School and Benjamin Banneker High School
- Most Improved Awards – Ballou STAY High School and Columbia Heights Education Campus
- Biggest Boost Awards –Friendship Technology Preparatory High School and KIPP DC College Preparatory High School
Winning high schools in each category will receive a trophy to display at their high school. Congratulations to the winners!