OSSE will celebrate the progress and success of all DCPS and public charter schools that make significant gains in FAFSA completion by June 30, 2024 by identifying six of the most successful schools in the following categories:
- MVPs (have the highest FAFSA completion rate through June 30, 2024)
- Large School category – high schools with at least 100 students enrolled in grade 12
- Small School category – high schools with fewer than 100 students enrolled in grade 12
- Most Improved (improved their FAFSA completion rate the most compared to last year through June 30, 2024)
- Large School category
- Small School category
- Biggest Boost (largest week-to-week improvement in FAFSAs completed)
- Large School Category
- Small School Category
In order to compete for the FAFSA completion awards, participating LEAs must have a signed and submitted Statewide Longitudinal Education Data (SLED) system data agreement on file. OSSE will use SLED FAFSA Portal to monitor progress and determine the winners. Winners in each of these categories will win a trophy and bragging rights. OSSE will publicly celebrate your achievement and your commitment to ensuring that your high school seniors have the financial resources they need to afford a postsecondary education. OSSE will also congratulate your school or program in a press release, on social media and on its website.
For any questions or to request access to FAFSA portal, please contact Joi Jones at [email protected].
2022-23FAFSA Completion Award Winners
OSSE is excited to announce the FAFSA Completion Award winners for the 2022-23 school year. The winners are:
- MVP Award
- Large High School – Benjamin Banneker High School
- Small High School – BASIS DC Public Charter School
- Most Improved
- Large High School – Columbia Heights Education Campus
- Small High School – Ballou STAY High School
- Biggest Boost
- Large High School – KIPP DC College Preparatory High School
- Small High School – Friendship Technology Preparatory High School
Congratulations to our winning high schools!