The OSSE School Gardens Program works to ensure that all students in the District are engaged in quality school garden programs which are highly valued by teachers and fundamental to student learning in district schools. The OSSE School Gardens Program serves as the backbone to support the more than 100 school garden programs through funding, partnerships, and strategic support through the following set of priorities:
- Increase the number of students that are engaged in school garden programs;
- Increase the number of classroom teachers that are including garden-based teaching into their teaching practice;
- Increase the number of schools with garden programs; and
- Provide high-quality data and analysis to school garden programs.
- Funding for School Gardens
- Data and Evaluation Tools
- Get Involved
- The Gilda Allen Best School Garden Award
- Technical Support and Trainings
Follow us on twitter! @OSSESGP
Check out photos of school gardens across the District.