The School Gardens Program envisions a future in which all District youth are engaged in high-quality garden-based learning. The OSSE School Gardens Program administers grants, provides technical assistance and training to schools and partner organizations to increase the number of students in high-quality school garden programs.
- Join the Sprout it Out Forum to ask a question or learn from others in the school garden and farm-to-school community.
- Subscribe to the Sprout it Out Newsletter, OSSE’s monthly school garden, environmental literacy and and farm to school newsletter.
- Join OSSE and other educators at Outdoor Learning Gatherings, which take place each month on the 3rd Wednesday from 4-5:30 p.m. for opportunities to connect with educators doing similar work across the District.
- Review “Growing Strong: A Comprehensive Guide to Support All School Garden Programs in the District” for guidance on:
- Starting a new school garden;
- Maintaining an existing school garden; and
- Providing high-quality garden-based instruction.
- Watch this video to learn more about school gardens in the District.
- Learn more about the state of school garden by reading the Healthy Schools Act School Garden Report.
Other OSSE programs and initiatives that support school gardens:
Looking for inspiration? Check out photos of school gardens across the District.
Follow us on twitter! @OSSESGP