OSSE’s Farm to School Program team assists schools in procuring and serving local foods and in incorporating farm to school concepts into the school environment through teacher training and technical assistance and District-wide events such as Growing Healthy Schools Week and Strawberries and Salad Greens Day.
OSSE shares the role of “state lead” for the National Farm to School Network (NFSN) with a local non-profit partner, DC Greens, and together they act as the liaison between the NFSN and the local DC Farm to School community. As the state leads, OSSE and DC Greens work to convene District-based farm to school stakeholders from a variety of practice areas to create a network of resource sharing, professional development and a space to share best practices.
- Farm to School Curricular Resources
- Farm to School and School Gardens Reports
- Farm Field Trips
- Get Help With New Or Existing Farm To School Initiatives
- Learn More About USDA Farm To School Across The Country
- Local Foods in School Meals
- Register As A “Farm To School Program Participating School”
- Why Farm to School?