Option 3: Passing Test Scores for the Corresponding Subject Content Exam
Applicants may submit passing scores for the Praxis II subject content exam in the specific licensure area of the credential being renewed and/or reinstated. The basic skills and pedagogy exam components are not required for this renewal option. If no subject content exam is available for your licensure area, you must meet the conditions for either the Professional Learning Units or Performance Ratings option to renew your credential.
When submitting test score reports, the following applies:
- You must have taken and passed the current exam within 12 months of the date the renewal application is submitted. Previous test scores used to obtain your original credential are no longer accepted.
- The score report must include the applicant’s full name, date of birth, ID number, test date, test name, test code, and test score achieved. You must submit all pages of the examinee score report. Incomplete score reports are not accepted.
- Test scores for exams required for certification in another state are not accepted under this renewal option.
Required documents to submit:
- An Identity History Summary Check (IHSC) issued by the FBI or an approved FBI channeler agency. Applicants currently employed with DC Public Schools (DCPS) should contact [email protected] to ensure that their central office has made his/her clearance information available to OSSE electronically.
- All pages of your examinee score report verifying passing test scores for the subject content exam in the specific licensure area.
Preparing to submit an application:
- Collect all required documents.
- To obtain copies of your complete examinee score reports you must contact The Educational Testing Service (ETS). ETS provides test takers with access to their own examinee score reports. To download your score reports, you will need to sign-in to your ETS Praxis Account. If you have difficulties accessing your score report, contact ETS for assistance.
- Note that even if you have identified OSSE as an electronic score recipient (i.e. ETS code 7076) during test registration, you must still attach an official copy of your score report to your renewal application.
- Scan all required documents as complete PDF files and upload them to your online application at the time of submission.
- Submit your application. A non-refundable application processing fee of $50 is required for each credential area being renewed. Note that incomplete applications received will be rejected and the processing fee(s) forfeited.
Note: Active credential holders with a credential that is not due to expire within the next five months or 150 days should not submit a renewal application at this time. It is too soon. Submitting an application too soon shall result in the rejection of your application and forfeiture of fee(s) paid. Instead, please wait until your credential is less than five months or 150 days from its expiration to submit your credential renewal application.