Option 2: Effective Performance Ratings
Applicants currently employed with a DC local education agency (LEA) that administers an educator performance evaluation system that has been approved by OSSE for educator credentialing purposes, may submit satisfactory performance rating reports to renew his/her credential.
Currently the DC Public Schools (DCPS) agency is the only DC LEA that administers an official educator evaluation system that is accepted by OSSE for credential renewal purposes. Credential holders seeking renewal who have been evaluated under any performance rating system within or outside of the District of Columbia, other than the DCPS Impact rating system, must meet the conditions for either the Professional Learning Units or Test Scores option to renew their credential.
When submitting performance ratings, the following applies:
- The performance reviews must have been administered using the DCPS Impact Rating System within the previous four years of the date the renewal application is submitted.
- The performance reviews must have been administered while you were an employee within DCPS with an assignment in the same subject area of the credential being renewed.
- You must have achieved at least an effective or higher final rating for the summative portion of the evaluation achieved for any combination of three of the previous four years of the date the renewal application is submitted.
- Submit your final DCPS Impact score report for each applicable school year.
Required documents to submit:
- An Identity History Summary Check (IHSC) issued by the FBI or an approved FBI channeler agency. Applicants currently employed with DCPS should contact [email protected] to ensure that their central office has made his/her clearance information available to OSSE electronically.
- All pages of your DCPS Impact Report for each applicable school year. The DCPS Impact report must be submitted as a complete PDF file that contains all pages of that school year’s final evaluation. Incomplete reports are not accepted.
Preparing to submit an application:
- Collect all required documents.
- If you require assistance to obtain your DCPS Impact reports, you must contact [email protected]. OSSE does not have access to, nor does it manage that system.
- Scan all required documents as complete PDF files and upload them to your online application at the time of submission.
- Submit your application. A non-refundable application processing fee of $50 is required for each credential area being renewed. Note that incomplete applications received will be rejected and the processing fee(s) forfeited.
Note: Active credential holders with a credential that is not due to expire within the next five months or 150 days should not submit a renewal application at this time. It is too soon. Submitting an application too soon shall result in the rejection of your application and forfeiture of fee(s) paid. Instead, please wait until your credential is less than five months or 150 days from its expiration to submit your credential renewal application.