- Earlier connection of your student information system to OSSE’s data systems
Where LEA timelines allow, we will partner with LEAs to achieve our goal of connecting Student Information Systems (SIS) thirteen calendar days prior to the start of school. This will allow for the time needed to ensure that transportation can be arranged for all eligible students, preparation for the enrollment audit can begin, and historical information about newly enrolled students can be accessed.
- Plan for timely completion of ADT tasks
In an effort to make the ADT process easier and more timely for all LEA data managers for the 2020-21 school year, the OSSE ADT team will be scheduling meetings/calls to assist LEA data managers in completing all ADT-related tasks beginning July 1.
The OSSE ADT team will be reaching out to schedule a 30 minute meeting or call starting July 1 for reviewing the LDM and completing the configuration calls.
- More responsive OSSE support
Improved DAR Liaison capacity will provide a more LEA-focused support model with dedicated staff to support OST tickets.
- Student demographic, enrollment, contact, and attendance data is collected daily from your student information system (SIS) via the Automated Data Transfer (ADT) server to populate most OSSE data systems, including the State Longitudinal Data System (SLED), Special Education Data System (SEDS), and Transportation Online Tool for Education (TOTE).
- You will not be able to view information in SEDS about incoming special education students who are new to your LEA or be able to submit transportation requests in TOTE for those students until your SIS transitions over to the 2020-21 school year and the LEA where the student was formerly enrolled exits the student; however our Early Access Qlik applications for English learners, high school transition, and special education provide information to help alleviate this challenge.
- In an effort to make the ADT process easier and more timely for all LEA data managers, the OSSE ADT team will be scheduling meetings/calls to complete all ADT-related tasks for the 2020-21 school year.
- Nearly half of data transfer failures throughout the year are caused by connectivity issues, so make sure that the computer that hosts your ADT server is in a secure location and remains turned on. If you have questions about ADT or the transition to the 2020-21 school year, submit a ticket through the OSSE Support Tool (OST).
- The OSSE Support Tool (OST) is a Quickbase application that LEAs can use to submit questions about enrollment, enrollment audit, child count, access to SEDS, assessments and other data issues that LEAs need addressed.
- Data Managers and the points of contact (POCs) for assessment, enrollment audit, and special education have access to OST.
- OSSE continues its commitment to resolving OST tickets within five business days.
- If you don’t have access to OST and think you should, please contact your LEA’s DAR Liaison.
|Deadline||Review the 2020 LEA Data Mapping (LDM) Collection template to familiarize yourself with the fields that your LEA will need to set up in your School Information System (SIS) for data mapping.||Beginning June 30 through 45 calendar days prior to the start of school|
|Deadline||Complete LEA Data Mapping (LDM) Review. If you need a quick reference on how to complete this task, check out our online LDM YouTube training video. Starting July 1, the OSSE ADT team will be contacting LEA Data Managers to schedule a 30 minute meeting or call to assist with reviewing the LDM.||45 calendar days prior to the start of school|
|Deadline||Complete Automated Data Transfer (ADT) Configuration call with OSSE ADT staff. Beginning July 1, the OSSE ADT team will be contacting LEA Data Managers to schedule a 30 minute meeting or call to assist with completing this task.||30 calendar days prior to the start of school|
|Deadline||Complete LEA Feed Management (LFM) Review. This helps Data Managers identify and resolve data errors that prevent OSSE from pushing the data into the state systems. Beginning July 1, the OSSE ADT team will be contacting LEA Data Managers to schedule a 30 minute meeting or call to assist with completing the LFM review.||30 calendar days prior to the start of school|
|Deadline||Complete SLED Data Review alongside OSSE ADT staff so that we can ensure your school’s SIS is connected correctly to OSSE’s data system. Beginning July 1, the OSSE ADT team will be contacting LEA Data Managers to schedule a 30 minute meeting or call to assist with completing the SLED Data Review.||30 calendar days prior to the start of school|
|Training||LEA Data Managers listed in eSchoolPLUS are invited to monthly LEA Data Discussion Meetings to receive important updates and key announcements regarding data systems, processes, data collections, and training.||July 30, Aug. 13, Aug. 27|
|Deadline||Update LEA points of contact in eSchoolPLUS to ensure timely and accurate communications.||July 1 and ongoing|
|Reminder||Reminder of year-end transition of OSSE data systems.||July 13|
|Training||Orientation for New LEA Data Managers; session will cover expectations, data collection, data systems, and processes. Register||July 20|
|Training||Orientation of LEA Feed Management; session will allow LEAs to view the status of the daily enrollment, demographics, contacts, attendance and adult program data feeds from the LEA student information system (SIS) to OSSE and assist LEAs in troubleshooting problems with the feeds. Register||July 28, Aug. 3|
LEA Data Manager Checklist for 2020-21 School Year: A comprehensive list of tasks Data Managers need to complete for the end of the 2018-19 school year and start of the 2019-20 school year, including preparing for a successful switchover.
2020-21 School Year Data Collection Template Letter: A letter from the Deputy CIO of the Office of the Chief Information Officer that describes the purpose and contents of the data collections template.
2020-21 School Year Data Collection Template: An Excel spreadsheet that shows the data collection requirements for student demographic, enrollment, contacts, and attendance records, including the required fields, data formats, and OSSE option sets.
LEA Data Mapping Application User Guide: A user guide that provides detailed instructions on how to complete the LEA data mappings within the application, which will inform OSSE of where required data fields exist within your SIS so that the data will appear correctly in the SLED system.
LEA Data Manager Checklist for 2020-21 School Year: A comprehensive checklist of what the tasks Data Managers need to complete for the end of the 2018-19 school year and the start of the 2019-20 school year including preparing for a successful switchover.
Office of Data Management and Applications: This page contains a comprehensive archive of recent data-related training materials and resources including Extended School Year (ESY) trainings, recordings of the LEA special education POC webinars, and nonpublic SEDS POC monthly webinars.
eSchoolPLUS LEA Calendar Guide: This guide offers step-by-step instructions for entering calendars into eSchoolPLUS.