- OER Office Hours: OER is offering weekly office hours to discuss enrollment issues with the team. If you need help or want to speak to an OER team member throughout the enrollment season, you can schedule a meeting by clicking this link.
- The objective of the annual enrollment audit is to accurately determine the total student enrollment, as of Oct. 5, of all students enrolled in schools funded by the District, both District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS) and DC public charter schools, and pre-K students enrolled in community-based organizations that are part of the Pre-K Enhancement Program.
- The enrollment audit is used to allocate per student funding of students identified as District residents who are enrolled into schools funded by the District via the Uniform Per Student Funding Formula (UPSFF). DCPS receives funding based on projected enrollment according to historic audit counts.
- The audit includes two components: an audit of general education enrollment, including residency verification for all students enrolled in a public school in the district and enrolled in grades pre-K3 and pre-K4 in community-based organizations that are part of the Pre-K Enhancement Program, and an audit of students with Individual Education Programs (IEPs), called Child Count. LEAs do not receive UPSFF for unverified students.
- The enrollment audit for the 2023-24 school year launches October 5. This is the date on which the universe of enrolled students in your LEA will be captured.
- 2023-24 Enrollment Audit & Child Count Handbook: This document serves as a guide to the 2023-24 Enrollment Audit, laying out key deadlines, steps, and policies to ensure LEAs have all the necessary information to complete their audit successfully.
- 2023-24 OER Handbook: This document includes detailed information on how to collect, verify, and retain residency documentation for all students. It also contains guidance on tuition-paying non-resident students and how to handle suspicious on non-residency.
For questions, please contact Kelli Whalen at [email protected].