The School Gardens Program envisions a future in which all District youth are engaged in high-quality garden-based learning. The OSSE School Gardens Program administers grants, provides technical assistance, and training to schools and partner organizations to increase the number of students in high-quality school garden programs.
- Join the Sprout it Out Google Group to ask a question or learn from others in the school garden and farm to school community.
- Register to receive “Sprout it Out": OSSE’s monthly school garden and farm to school newsletter.
- Join food and garden educators on the third Wednesday of each month for the Food and Garden Education Open Space.
- Review “Growing Strong: A Comprehensive Guide to Support All School Garden Programs in the District” for guidance on:
- Starting a new school garden;
- Maintaining an existing school garden; and
- Providing high-quality garden-based instruction.
- Watch this video to learn more about school gardens in the District.
- Learn more about the state of school garden by reading the Healthy Schools Act School Garden Report.
Other OSSE programs and initiatives that support school gardens:
Looking for inspiration? Check out photos of school gardens across the District.
Follow us on twitter! @OSSESGP