At OSSE you will truly make an impact!
As the DC State Education Agency, we work on cutting-edge issues—such as school accountability systems, early childhood education standard-setting, re-engaging disengaged youth, and more! Our work has an impact on students from birth to adulthood, we serve 100,000+ of the city’s learners.
OSSE also provides direct services to students and families, including, but not limited to:
- Busing of 3,000+ students with disabilities to/from school;
- Conducting outreach and support services for 600+ disengaged youth; and
- Distributing $30m+ in tuition assistant grants to 4,000+ college students annually.
Over the last decade, the DC education landscape has made tremendous strides:
- More families are choosing public schools;
- Our students are achieving strong academic gains; and
- There has been a steady increase in graduation rates.
However, much work still needs to be done.
OSSE is uniquely positioned to sustain, accelerate, and deepen the progress being made in DC education, will you...
Choose a button below to learn more about OSSE: