Overview: Basic Considerations in Transition Planning
Educators who understand the basics of transition planning have increased abilities to develop quality postsecondary goals, provide individualized transition services, and maintain overall Indicator 13 compliance. The following webinars provide an introduction to transition domains, the Taxonomy for Transition Programming, and shares best practices for transition planning and programming, including the importance of instilling self-determination within students throughout the transition planning process.
- 2015-16 Secondary Transition Planning Tool Webinar
- Self-Determination: The Heart of Transition Planning
- Transition Outcomes and Mandates
- Transition Best Practices
- Assessment for Transition Planning and Preparation: Part One
- Assessment for Transition Planning and Preparation: Part Two
- Short and Long Term Goal Writing
- Secondary Transition Curricula
Targeting Specific Transition Aims: Employment and Postsecondary Education
The following webinars provide guidance on how to integrate transition-specific experiences into secondary school programs.
- Pathways for Post-secondary Settings
- Preparing Students for Future Employment
- Secondary Employment Programming
Developing Transition Planning Partners
The following webinars provide information on how to better integrate parents, students, adult service agencies, and community-based organizations throughout the transition planning process.