Each year, the Office of the State Superintendent of Education’s (OSSE’s) Division of Systems and Supports, K-12, updates its monitoring tool and guidance to align with relevant laws and regulations. The 2020-21 monitoring grant guidance and tool are now available below. The resources include updates from the Every Student Success Act (ESSA) for applicable grants.
In reviewing, LEAs should also note that OSSE will include the following grant programs in its coordinated risk-based monitoring activities for 2020-21:
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended (ESEA), Title I, Part A: Improving Basic Programs Operated by Local Education Agencies
- ESEA, Title I: 1003 School Improvement Funds
- ESEA, Title I: 1003(g) School Improvement Grants (SIG)
- ESEA, Title I, Part D: Neglected, Delinquent, and At-Risk Youth
- ESEA, Title II, Part A: Preparing, Training, and Recruiting High Quality Teachers, Principals and Other School Leaders
- ESEA Title III, Part A: Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students
- ESEA Title IV, Part A: Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
- ESEA Title IV, Part B: 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC)
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Part B
- Scholarships for Opportunity and Results (SOAR) Act, Academic Quality
- Scholarships for Opportunity and Results (SOAR) Act, Facilities
- Special Education Enhancement Fund (SEEF)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER)
We encourage LEAs to preview the monitoring guidance and tool in advance of monitoring to better understand the areas and criteria that OSSE will use in its monitoring.
For any questions, please contact Rachel Stafford at [email protected].
Related Content: K-12 Education