Now accepting HIT Scaling Grant applications through Monday, Oct. 31 at 3 p.m.
Applications must be submitted through OSSE’s Enterprise Grants Management System (EGMS). Any submissions received after Monday, Oct. 31 at 3 p.m. will not be reviewed.
HIT Scaling Grant Applicant Documents:
- HIT Scaling Grant Request for Applications (RFA)
- HIT Scaling Grant Application is accessible via the Enterprise Grant Management System (EGMS) - due Monday, Oct. 31 by 3 p.m.
- Notice of Intent to Apply (REQUIRED for all applicants) - due Monday, Oct. 17
- OSSE HIT Grant School Data
HIT Scaling Grant Events and Registration Links:
All events are recommended but optional. The pre-application webinar content will be the same in session 1 and session 2.
- Pre-Application Webinar #1 - Thursday, September 22, 2022, 3-4 p.m. EST
- Pre-Application Webinar #2 - Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022, 10-11 a.m. EST
- School Connection Webinar - Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2022, 10-11 a.m. EST
- LEA/School Leader Interest Form – due Tuesday, Oct. 18, 5 p.m. EST
- Tutoring Provider Presentation Interest Form - due Thursday, Sept. 29, 5 p.m. EST
- Tutoring Provider Presentation Template - due Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022, 5 p.m. EST
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (COMING SOON): Questions regarding the RFA must be submitted via email to [email protected] with subject line: High-Impact Tutoring Grant Question. Questions received by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022 will be published in the FAQ on Friday, Sept. 30, 2022. Questions received by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, Oct. 7, 2022 will be published on Friday, Oct. 14, 2022.
General HIT Resources:
- High-Impact Tutoring: Accelerating Student Learning by Expanding Opportunity: Are you interested in learning about best practices for effective HIT programs? In partnership with CityTutor DC, OSSE has released updated HIT guidance based on the latest research.
- High-Impact Tutoring Toolkit: Check out our newly released toolkit, developed in partnership with CityTutor DC, that includes practical resources and helpful guidance for school leaders interested in providing HIT for their students.
- National Student Support Accelerator – This site is a hub for research and guidance on implementing high-impact tutoring programs, housed within the Annenberg Institute at Brown University.
Overview of OSSE Hit Initiative
The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) is leading a three-year, $40 million investment in scaling and supporting high-impact tutoring (HIT) across the District, with a particular focus on at-risk students and other students who experienced disrupted instruction during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This investment is a core part of the city’s recovery strategy, given the strong body of evidence demonstrating the effectiveness of HIT as an intervention that can produce dramatic gains in student learning. Through this investment, OSSE strives to accelerate learning for these students.
The current HIT Scaling Grant competition is part of furthering this initiative, as was the $20 million awarded in May 2022 to support existing, successful, evidence-based tutoring programs to scale and to provide funding to organizations delivering strategic program supports and program evaluation services for high-impact tutoring. See below the below list of documents and links for more information about the previous grant opportunity and the awardees.
HIT Grant - Awarded May 2022
- Press Release for May 2022 HIT Grant award announcements
- HIT Request for Applications March 2022 (RFA) – RFA for the first round of OSSE HIT grant funding, awarded in May 2022. *Please note that this is not the RFA for the HIT Scaling Grant applications due Oct. 31. Please refer to the RFA linked above for guidance related to that grant competition.*
If you would like to receive email notifications about the release of future OSSE HIT grant opportunities, please complete this grant interest form.
For more information about OSSE’s High-Impact Tutoring initiative please email [email protected].