Office of the State Superintendent of Education

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Educator Credentialing and Certification

If you are interested in becoming certified in the District of Columbia as a regular school teacher, pupil services provider or school administrator, click on the buttons below for more information.

If you are a child development facility staff member, including center directors, child development teachers, assistant teachers, home caregivers, associate home caregivers, and expanded home caregivers, and are looking for supports for the new education requirements, go to our resources for child development staff.



Questions? Contact the Licensure Team

[email protected] for additional questions and information regarding educator credentialing requirements.

[email protected]dc.gov for technical assistance or support using our online application system.

Additional Services and Information

Events and Announcements

OSSE has adopted new regulations regarding regular teacher, school administrator (e.g., principal/assistant principal) and substitute teacher certification.