Office of the State Superintendent of Education

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Foreign Prepared Educators

I completed...

  • My degree and/or educator preparation at a college or university outside of the United States or US territory

Applicants who have completed degrees and studies at colleges or universities outside of the US or US territory, must have those studies evaluated to determine if their preparation is equivalent to a US baccalaureate degree or higher.

OSSE accepts foreign credential equivalency reports provided by the following entities:

  1. Organizations that have current membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE),
  2. Accredited four-year colleges/universities, and
  3. Evaluation organizations that are approved by other state educator licensing/credentialing agencies for state certification purposes.

The report must include:

  1. A US equivalency degree summary statement.
  2. A course by course listing of all completed coursework that includes the grade earned and number of credit hours completed for each course.

Note: Please do not send diplomas, foreign transcripts, or any documents not printed in English.