Education requirements for the DC early childhood workforce go into effect for most staff types on Dec. 2, 2023. The Early Childhood Education (ECE) Help Desk is here to help answer questions, provide resources, assist with planning, and offer individualized assistance with paperwork.
ECE Help Desk can assist with…
- Clarification about the minimum education requirements and professional development.
- Information about continuing education programs in the DC area.
- Assistance with applying to scholarships and higher education programs.
- Development of an individualized plan for staff to meet the minimum education requirements.
- Applications for waivers (for center directors and center teachers).
- Connections to other departments or programs that can better assist you with your individual needs.
- Technical assistance with the Office of the State Superintendent of Education Learning Management System (OSSE LMS)
On Demand - Call or email and receive a response immediately or within 24 hours
By Appointment - Call or email to schedule an individualized in-person or phone appointment based on your personal availability
ECE Help Desk Contact Information: [email protected] or (202) 478-5903