Application and Renewal Documents are due by Friday, May 17, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in applying to the DC Summer Meals Program. In an effort to streamline the annual application process for federal child nutrition programs, the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), Division of Health & Wellness is pleased to announce the development of Orchard. Orchard is a web-based solution that supports online submission of federal child nutrition program applications to the State Agency.
- 2019 SFSP Application Checklist
- The 2019 SFSP Application will be completed through Orchard. Which is OSSE’s web-based system that supports online submission(s) of federal child nutrition program applications to the State Agency. Applications will be available starting Feb. 18, 2019 submissions are due by May 17, 2019. Please prepare and collect the following documentation and data prior to application submittal. Make sure to sign and date all documents with original signatures as applicable.
- Orchard Application Quick Start - SFSP
Supplemental and Program Operation Forms
- 2018-19 Income Eligibility Guidelines
- 2019 Letter to Households for SFSP
- 2019 SFSP Income Eligibility Statement Form
- Site Intent to Participate Form
- Accurate Meal Counting
- Daily Meal Count Sheets for Camps
- Daily Meal Count Sheets for Open and Closed Sites
- Ethnic and Racial Data Form
- First Week Site Visit Form (for sponsors)
- Healthy Schools Act Meal Pattern
- Nutrition Guidance for Sponsors
- Site Pre-Operational Visit Form (for sponsors)
- Site Review Form (for sponsors)
- Site Supervisor Guide: English | Spanish
- Site Supervisor’s Pocket Reference Guide: English | Spanish
- Sponsor Monitor’s Guide
- Summer Food Service Program Meal Pattern
- Training Documentation Form
- USDA Administrative Guidance for Sponsors
2019 DC Summer Meals Program Information Session
The SFSP ensures that low-income children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session. This summer, USDA plans to serve more than 200 million free meals to children 18 years and under at approved SFSP sites.
Please see the dates for our upcoming information sessions below:
- Jan. 15, 2019
- Feb. 12, 2019
- March 5, 2019
- April 18, 2019
- May 14, 2019
2019 Mandatory Sponsor Training
This is a mandatory training for all participating sponsors who are public or private non-profit school food authority (SFA); a public or private non-profit college or university; a public or private non-profit residential summer camp; a unit of local, county, municipal, State, or Federal Government; or any other type of private non-profit organization. In order to receive reimbursement applicants must apply and receive approval from the State agency to operate the Program.
- March 21, 2019: SFSP Annual Training for New Sponsors
- April 3 and April 10, 2019: SFSP Annual Training for Experienced Sponsors
- April 23, 2019: SFSP Annual Training: Make-up Date