Thank you for your interest in applying to the DC Summer Meals Program. In an effort to streamline the annual application process for federal Child Nutrition Programs (CNP), the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), Division of Health & Wellness is pleased to announce the development of Orchard. Effective with fiscal year 20 a new web-based application has been developed to support online submissions of CNP applications to the State Agency.
Annual Renewals / Applications for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) are available February 1st for the current fiscal year. Applicants are required to provide supporting documentation through Orchard for review and verification.
Supplemental and Program Operation Forms
- 2021 Letter to Households for SFSP
- 2021 SFSP Income Eligibility Statement Form
- 2020-21 Income Eligibility Guidelines
- 2021 Site Intent to Participate Form
- Accurate Meal Counting
- Current Meal Operations Waivers
- Daily Meal Count Sheets for Camps
- Daily Meal Count Sheets for Open and Closed Sites
- Ethnic and Racial Data Form
- First Week Site Visit Form (for sponsors)
- Healthy Schools Act Meal Pattern
- Nutrition Guidance for Sponsors
- SFSP Guidelines Handbooks
- Site Pre-Operational Visit Form (for sponsors)
- Site Review Form (for sponsors)
- Site Supervisor Guide: English | Spanish
- Site Supervisor’s Pocket Reference Guide: English | Spanish
- Sponsor Monitor’s Guide
- Summer Food Service Program Meal Pattern
- Training Documentation Form
- USDA Administrative Guidance for Sponsors
2021 DC Youth Meals Program Information Sessions
The SFSP ensures that low-income children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session. This summer, USDA plans to serve more than 200 million free meals to children 18 years and under at approved SFSP sites.
- Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- Tuesday, May 25, 2021
2021 Mandatory Sponsor Training
This is a mandatory training for all participating sponsors who are public or private non-profit school food authority (SFA); a public or private non-profit college or university; a public or private non-profit residential summer camp; a unit of local, county, municipal, State, or Federal Government; or any other type of private non-profit organization. In order to receive reimbursement applicants must apply and receive approval from the State agency to operate the Program.
- New Sponsor Training TBD
- Experienced Sponsor Training Tuesday, April 27, 2021
2021 Technical Assistance Calls
In an effort to continue to provide hands-on support, the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) Team offers technical assistance office hours to sponsoring organizations. Office hours are 15-minute time slots that sponsors can use to receive answers to questions about SFSP. The TA calls are conducted via Microsoft Teams.
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021