As the recipient of the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) state grant, Adult and Family Education (AFE) reports state outcome data annually to the US Department of Education. The AFE is required to submit an annual performance report on state outcomes to the US Department of Education. The annual performance report is comprised of a statistical, a narrative, and a financial section. The annual report can be found at Annual Report 2009-2010.
The Workforce Investment Act requires that each state education agency measure the effectiveness of its adult education programs according to the National Reporting System (NRS) for adult education. The NRS was established by the US Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE) to create a uniform metric for state and national reporting on adult education outcomes. For more information on the NRS please visit the NRS website below.
AFE maintains a robust statewide data system that tracks federal and state funding for adult education and manages the number of adult learners enrolled in programs, demographic data and learning outcomes. The web-based data management system is used to report to the US Department of Education and a variety of state and local stakeholders.
The District of Columbia’s NRS tables are available online. The OVAE NRS central database is a repository of data collected for national reporting purposes. Users may view national and state data and generate reports on nationwide and statewide adult education statistics by logging into the OVAE NRS database as a public user.
- DC OSSE Adult and Family Education Annual Performance Report FY 2011-2012 [PDF]
- DC OSSE Adult and Family Education Annual Performance Report FY 2010-2011 [PDF]
- DC OSSE Adult and Family Education Annual Performance Report FY 2009-2010 [PDF]
- National Reporting System (NRS)
- US Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE)
- US Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education (USDE OVAE) National Reporting System (NRS) Database
(Public site available without registration; select "Here" button on right )
- AFE Key Performance Indicators