How to apply...
- For a DC teacher, student/pupil services, or administrator credential
Applicants must use OSSE’s online Educator Credentialing Information System (ECIS) to apply for DC educator credential. ECIS allows applicants to upload scanned copies of all required documents and pay required fees using a valid Visa or MasterCard debit or credit card.
To gain access and use ECIS, follow these steps.
- Go to https://octo.quickbase.com/db/bkdy85kmw.
- If you are a NEW user click the “Click Here to Register Button.” If you have previously registered click the “Click here to Sign In Button.”
- New registrants must enter all required information and press ‘Save’ to submit your registration approval request. (If you happen to receive a “duplicate username or SSN” alert message that means you’ve already registered. You need to sign-in instead.)
- Upon successful registration, you will receive a total of three email messages. The third email invites you to the Quickbase application.
- Go to your email inbox or junk/spam folder to retrieve the Quickbase invitation. If the invitation is not found in either location, contact [email protected] to request that we resend the invite. (Please note that the initial invitation may take up to 45 minutes to receive after you submit your registration request.)
- After you receive the invite, you must create a password. (If you registered with a DC.gov email account, you must use your current logon credentials to sign-in.)
- When signed in, find “ECIS V2.0” in the list of applications displayed on your screen, then click on it to open the application.
- Once opened, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the ‘pencil’ icon to open the application screen.
- Next, click the “Click here to create new application” button located just below your personal information section.
- Complete ALL subsequent sections of the application.
- When you select the subject area of the credential(s) you are seeking, do not forget to click the checkbox to add the subject area to the shopping cart. Failure to do so will cause you to not be able to pay at checkout. You may choose up to five credential subject areas.
- Once you select the subject area for your credential(s), upload scanned PDF copies of all required supporting documents.
- If your computer screen or page freezes at any point, just click your browser’s back button until you return to the correct screen.
- Once all documents have been uploaded, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the “Save and Next” button.
- Review your application for accuracy, then, click “Proceed to Checkout” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Save and Next.
- Follow all screen prompts to properly checkout.
- When submitting your payment information, enter all required fields. American Express is not accepted.
- Confirm the accuracy of your payment information, then, click the ‘Submit’ button once.
- A confirmation email verifying your submission will be sent within 45 minutes.
If you require technical assistance while using ECIS, please contact [email protected].
If you have questions regarding requirements or general information, please contact [email protected].