The DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) is looking for passionate HR specialists who want to make our 1,900+ person agency the best workplace in DC! As we build and grow our HR team, we are looking for talented operations managers, employee relations specialists, payroll experts, recruiters, training coordinators, and administrators. If you're interested in helping transform the workplace experience of our employees, as well as help OSSE ensure all students in DC achieve in college and career success, please email us with your resume at [email protected].
For more information about working at OSSE, please visit our website.
Why should you consider working at OSSE:
- Join a great team of amazing HR specialists. We come from the public, private, and non-profit sectors, and are team and family across five functions: recruitment, employee relations, payroll, compliance, and training/organizational development. We work hard, but always laugh and have fun in the process. We are always striving for excellence, and help each other reach our goals. You’ll not only be joining us, but also a wider family of HR specialists across DC government.
- Support an amazing group of diverse, passionate, and committed employees. We are a workforce of 1,800 strong—and we represent the entire diversity of DC. Spread over 9 locations across DC, we play a range of functions, and count amongst us bus drivers and attendants, lawyers, data geeks, policy analysts, grants managers, nutritionists, finance experts, and case workers. We believe in the importance of diversity in many forms, and believe that it strengthens our team and our work. We value and care about each other, operate with a generosity of spirit, and inspire, challenge, push, and support each other to be our best—unified by our shared sense of mission and purpose.
- Be an effective agent of change within the organization—with a strong mandate to drive culture change and transform our HR function. One quarter of our strategic plan is focused on talent—and we are all working together to attract, develop, and retain top-notch talent to build a highly effective agency that is deeply impactful. HR has a voice on our executive team, and has the organizational credibility to lead culture change activities. And, we’ve already made incredible progress: according to our most recent staff survey, 90%+ believe the organization is heading in the right direction.
- Make a difference in our community. OSSE supports a network of 470+ early childhood facilities, 200+ schools serving 90,000 K-12 students, and countless community based organizations. We have a budget of $600M, oversee $200M in annual grants funding, transport 3,000+ special needs students to and from school every day, and distribute over $30M in annual tuition assistance grants to college students from DC. We believe that all students should have the opportunity to thrive in college, careers, and life—and are working hard to make this a reality.
- Grow as a professional. At OSSE, you’ll get to work with smart, collaborative teammates—who push you to be your best self and achieve your professional goals. We also offer a wide range of professional development resources—whether it be internal OSSE trainings, District-wide leadership programs and trainings, online professional development tools, on-the-job coaching, or external training opportunities. We are an education organization and work to live up to that identity!
Please email your resume to [email protected].