Thank you for your interest in applying to the DC Summer Meals Program. In an effort to streamline the annual application process for federal Child Nutrition Programs (CNP), the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), Division of Health & Wellness is pleased to announce the development of Orchard. Effective with fiscal year 20 a new web-based application has been developed to support online submissions of CNP applications to the State Agency.
Annual Renewals / Applications for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) are available February 1st for the current fiscal year. Applicants are required to provide supporting documentation through Orchard for review and verification.
Supplemental and Program Operation Forms
- 2018-19 Income Eligibility Guidelines
- 2019 Letter to Households for SFSP
- 2019 SFSP Income Eligibility Statement Form
- Site Intent to Participate Form
- Accurate Meal Counting
- Daily Meal Count Sheets for Camps
- Daily Meal Count Sheets for Open and Closed Sites
- Ethnic and Racial Data Form
- First Week Site Visit Form (for sponsors)
- Healthy Schools Act Meal Pattern
- Nutrition Guidance for Sponsors
- Site Pre-Operational Visit Form (for sponsors)
- Site Review Form (for sponsors)
- Site Supervisor Guide: English | Spanish
- Site Supervisor’s Pocket Reference Guide: English | Spanish
- Sponsor Monitor’s Guide
- Summer Food Service Program Meal Pattern
- Training Documentation Form
- USDA Administrative Guidance for Sponsors
2020 DC Summer Meals Program Information Session
The SFSP ensures that low-income children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session. This summer, USDA plans to serve more than 200 million free meals to children 18 years and under at approved SFSP sites.
- Please check back for our upcoming information sessions.
2020 Mandatory Sponsor Training
This is a mandatory training for all participating sponsors who are public or private non-profit school food authority (SFA); a public or private non-profit college or university; a public or private non-profit residential summer camp; a unit of local, county, municipal, State, or Federal Government; or any other type of private non-profit organization. In order to receive reimbursement applicants must apply and receive approval from the State agency to operate the Program.
- Please check back for our upcoming mandatory sponsor trainings.
Note: This document is presented in Portable Document Format (PDF). A PDF reader is required for viewing. | This document is presented as a Microsoft Word.