Historically schools relied upon centralized IT departments to complete transactions for each department. With major IT systems now being purchased by campuses and Internet based day to day duties, financial aid offices now had two needs. The first was ongoing programming support to keep the internal financial aid system operating correctly. This includes programming, security tasks and technical support. The other need was for a high level technology user to run day to day functions in the system for the office to run effectively.
The specific functions of the job include:
- Assess the manual and semi-automated processes of the DCTAG Financial Aid Office; design and implement automated processes to facilitate the DCTAG application process.
- Explore, evaluate, and implement when approved new data visualization technology(s) to enhance and extend Financial Aid’s current reporting and data visualization capacity.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the successful implementation of new technologies and related systems.
- Develop capabilities in the following areas: data mapping, table structure knowledge, custom coding logic, issue analysis and recommendations, writing and running reports, scripts, documentation skills, functional analysis, business process improvement, requirements documentation and process flow charting.
- Works with internal communications team to develop public resources
- Experience working with relational databases and demonstrated aptitude in data analysis or data management Drupal programming and coding experience in financial aid technical administrative systems Technical expertise in student information and management systems, preference for experience with Ellucian Banner experience with reporting tools; experience and/or understanding of simple programming (e.g.SQL, PL/SQL, SQR, HTML) Experience with detailed multi step operational processes. Familiar with the Title IV financial aid process.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] using the following name title: first name.last name_IT Project Manager.