The Office of the State Superintendent of Education’s (OSSE) Homeless Education Program has invited subject matter experts to present on a variety of topics that impact students and families experiencing homelessness. These one-hour monthly webinars are available to homeless liaisons, LEA/school-based staff and community partners.
Presentations typically take place on the second Wednesday of each month, between November 2021 and May 2022, from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Registration is required to participate. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the webinar.
- Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021: Community Providers for Homeless Awareness Month | Register
- Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021: MKV Advocacy and Partnerships | Register
- Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2021: Supporting families transitioning from unstable housing to permanent housing | Register
- Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2022: National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth (NAEHCY): Youth Advocacy & Scholarship Program | Register
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022: College and Career Readiness, FAFSA, DC TAG Presentation | Register
- Wednesday, April 6, 2022: Nutrition/Health and Wellness | Register
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022: End of the 2021-22 School Year MKV Procedures | Register
For any additional questions or technical assistance, please contact Tasheen Stallings at [email protected].