The Office of the State Superintendent of Education’s (OSSE) Homeless Education Program has invited subject matter experts to present on a variety of topics that impact students and families experiencing homelessness. These one-hour monthly webinars are available to homeless liaisons, LEA/school-based staff, and community partners.
Presentations typically take place on the second Wednesday of each month, between October 2022 and May 2023, from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Registration links will be added on a rolling basis. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the webinar.
Upcoming MKV Monthly Webinar Sessions:
Apr 12, 2023 | 10:30 a.m.
Please register for SY22-23 MKV Monthly Webinar: Youth Trafficking Awareness and Prevention on:
Catholic Charities - Trafficking Victims Assistance Program will inform LEA and School-based homeless liaisons about the local trends to identify youth trafficking in the District and how they can prevent further exploitation. Register here.
May 10, 2023 | 10:30 a.m.
Please register for SY22-23 MKV Monthly Webinar: End of the Year Close-out Procedures
OSSE’s Homeless Education Program will inform LEA and school-based homeless liaisons about closeout procedures for SY22-23 and enrollment preparation for SY23-24.
Tora Burns, DC Public Library, will share information about District summer programs for children and families. Register here.
You can review recordings of the previous SY22-23 MKV Monthly Webinars:
- Oct. 12, 2022 | Ayuda: Transforming Lives, Strengthening Communities recording.
- Nov. 16, 2022 | DC Doors: Opening the Doors of Possibilities for All Youth recording.
- Nov. 30, 2022 | Sasha Bruce Youthworks: Improving the Lives of Runaway, Homeless, Abused, Neglected and At-Risk Youth and Their Families in the Washington DC Area recording.
- Dec. 14, 2022 | Catholic Charities: Behavioral Services-Inspiring Hope, Building Futures recording.
- Jan. 11, 2023 | House of Ruth / Victim Legal Network of DC: Domestic Violence Awareness and Crime Victims Resources recording.
- Feb. 8, 2023 | OSSE Division of Postsecondary and Career Education: Completing DC TAG and FAFSA Application for SY23-24 recording.
- Feb. 14, 2023 | OSSE Health and Wellness & Data, Assessment and Research: Chronic Absenteeism and Immunization Codes for Students Experiencing Homelessness recording.
- March 8, 2023 | National Capital Area Red Cross: Emergency Preparedness recording.