This webinar session will focus on how teachers can incorporate fun, engaging, standards-based lessons while teaching in the school garden. Learn about how you can incorporate food and garden-based lessons in your classroom, both virtually, and in person.
Resources for this webinar recording can be viewed by following the steps below:
- Create a free Schoology account;
- Add the course using the menu in the upper left-hand corner;
- Use the Access Code SC64-MJKW-9SFBC to add the Summer Institute Course;
- Click on the folder labeled Live Webinars and Recordings; and
- Select a webinar to watch.
Having issues accessing the Schoology website? Review this video that walks you through the process.
Outline with timestamps:
- Introduction 0:00
- Teaching science standards 5:50
- The school garden as an interdisciplinary space 37:20
- Garden-based curriculum across grade levels 1:30:00
- Q and A 1:14:25
- Cool teaching tools 1:20:00
- Susan Bandler, Curriculum Consultant, FoodPrints (FreshFarm);
- Serenity Rain, Lead Teacher, FoodPrints (FreshFarm);
- Lee Coykendall, Senior Education Specialist, US Botanic Garden;
- Emily Hestness, Urban Agriculture Specialist, US Botanic Garden; and
- Brianne Studer, Director of Programs, Washington Youth Garden.
Related Content: Summer Institute for Garden Based Teaching