This webinar will take garden design and put it into action, including how to bring a group of students out into your garden space for maximum learning and fun.
Resources for this webinar recording can be viewed by following the steps below:
- Create a free Schoology account;
- Add the course using the menu in the upper left-hand corner;
- Use the Access Code SC64-MJKW-9SFBC to add the Summer Institute Course;
- Click on the folder labeled Live Webinars and Recordings; and
- Select a webinar to watch.
Having issues accessing the Schoology website? Review this video that walks you through the process.
Outline with timestamps:
- Introduction 0:00
- Combing design with function 9:00
- Examples of Signage 9:00
- Sign making process 26:35
- Storage and Organization 34:00
- Flexible spaces 37:00
- Lesson Planning 51:00
- Science 52:00
- Cooking 1:01:25
- Activity Stations (music, nature, art, loose parts, digging beds) 1:04:10
- Independent work 1:13:15
- Helpful Tools 1:16:30
- Tone Setting 1:18:30
- Setting Expectations 1:19:00
- Songs and Movement 1:22:05
- Physical Considerations 1:23:45
- Q and A 1:29:00
- Emma Boel, School Garden Partners Coordinator, City Blossoms;
- Willa Pohlman, Director of Programming and Training, City Blossoms; and
- Brianne Studer, Director of Programs, Friends of the National Arboretum and Washington Youth Garden.