The State Title I Committee of Practitioners serves as an advisory body that supports OSSE in carrying out its responsibilities under Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) for the District of Columbia. ESEA, as reauthorized by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015, requires each state education agency (SEA) to maintain such a committee.
The membership of the State Title I Committee of Practitioners must meet certain federal requirements to ensure that different stakeholders are represented. These include:
- Principals and other school leaders;
- Representatives of authorized public chartering agencies (e.g., PCSB members or staff);
- LEA and school administrators, including administrators of programs in Title I;
- Teachers in District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS) and charter schools;
- Career and technical educators;
- Members of public charter school boards of directors;
- Members of the State Board of Education;
- Specialized instructional support personnel (including school social workers, psychologists, nurses, speech language pathologists, counselors, or other special education service providers); and
If you have additional questions or would like more information, please contact Jonathan Elkin at (202) 481-3875 or [email protected].
Update October 2018: the Title I Committee currently has one vacancy for a public charter school administrator. OSSE is seeking current charter school administrators who plan to remain at least through the 2019-20 school year. To apply, send your resume and application form to [email protected] by 3 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 29, 2018. Qualified applicants will have demonstrated experience completing and implementing their LEA-level Title I application plan. (All other committee spots are filled through at least the 2018-19 school year, and OSSE will provide updates when vacancies occur.)
The next meeting will be Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018, from 4:30-6 p.m. Meetings are held quarterly at OSSE, 1050 First St. NE.
Application (2018-20 Term)
Application Invitation (2016-18 Term)