The State Title I Committee of Practitioners serves as an advisory body that supports OSSE in carrying out its responsibilities under Title I of the ESEA for the District of Columbia. The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965, as updated by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015, requires each state education agency (SEA) to maintain such a committee.
The membership of the State Title I Committee of Practitioners must meet certain federal requirements to ensure that different stakeholders are represented. These include:
- Principals and other school leaders;
- Representatives of authorized public chartering agencies (e.g. PCSB members or staff);
- LEA and school administrators, including administrators of programs in Title I;
- Teachers in District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS) and charter schools;
- Career and technical educators;
- Members of public charter school boards of directors;
- Members of the State Board of Education;
- Specialized instructional support personnel (including school social workers, psychologists, nurses, speech language pathologists, counselors, or other special education service providers); and
If you have additional questions or would like more information, please contact Jonathan Elkin at (202) 481-3875 or [email protected].
Application Invitation (2016-2018 Term)