The Title I Committee of Practitioners serves as an advisory body that supports the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) in carrying out the agency’s responsibilities under Title I, Part A (Title I-A) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) for the District of Columbia. Members of the committee advise OSSE on policies related to schools that receive Title I-A funds.
The membership of the Title I Committee of Practitioners must include the following roles to ensure school stakeholders are represented:
- School leaders
- District of Columbia Public Charter School Board (PCSB) staff
- A District of Columbia State Board of Education (SBOE) member
- LEA and school administrators, including administrators of programs in Title I-A
- Career and technical educators
- Specialized instructional support personnel (including school social workers, psychologists, nurses, speech-language pathologists, counselors, or other special education service providers)
- Private school leaders
The OSSE Title I Committee recruits representatives for these roles from public, public charter and private schools in the District of Columbia.
For more information or questions, please contact [email protected].