The National Teachers Hall of Fame (NTHF) is currently accepting nominations. This award recognizes and honors exceptional career teachers, encourages excellence in teaching, and preserves the rich heritage of the teaching profession in the United States. If you are or know a teacher who meets the requirements below, please visit the National Teachers of Hall of Fame Website for more information and/or to download the application. Self-nominations are accepted.
• Nominees must have a minimum of twenty (20) years of full-time PreK-12 teaching experience.
• Nominees must hold or have held a valid teaching certificate or license from the state in which he or she is teaching/has taught.
• All nominations must be submitted on the official nomination form which may be obtained by calling 1-800-96-TEACH or by downloading it from the NTHF web site:www.nthf.org
• Nominees must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
• If the nomination form is mailed, the postmark must not be later than January 2, 2013. If the nomination is sent on-line, it must reach the NTHF office no later than the January 2, 2013.