- October is Growing Healthy Schools Month
- School Health and Safety Reopening Guidance Technical Assistance
OSSE's Health and Wellness Division is offering the following technical assistance:
- [Updated Schedule] Biweekly technical assistance calls led by OSSE and in partnership with DC Health, DC Public Charter School Board, DCPS, and the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education. The online calls provide support regarding the implementation of health and safety guidance during the reopening period. These Monday calls take place from 1-2 p.m. every other week. The next call is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 5. Register for the upcoming calls. The call will include a deep dive on lessons learned from schools that have begun providing in-person learning. The audience for these calls includes LEA leaders, principals and other administrators, and school health points of contact.
- [New Resource] Return to School Criteria decision tree guide to provide an overview of standard criteria for students and staff to return to school after symptoms of or exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Office hours to provide one-on-one support and answer schools’ questions about OSSE's Health and Safety Re-Opening Guidance for Schools. Register for a timeslot. The OSSE team will contact you via phone at your chosen time to answer your questions directly.
- Question submission form which schools and LEAs may use to submit questions to OSSE regarding health and safety reopening guidance. Submit a question via this Google Form.
For more information, please contact [email protected].
- OSSE Seeks Outstanding Teachers! Apply to Join OSSE’s Teacher Advisory Council
- Help Families Locate Your Virtual OST Program
- Special Education Transportation Reminders in Preparation for Return to Service (reminder)
- 2020-21 School Year Discipline Data Collection Guidance is Now Available (reminder)
- School Health Compliance Reminders (reminder)
- Complete Needs Assessment Survey for Special Education COP (reminder)
- Important Immunization Reminder and Requirements for In-Person Learning (reminder)
Professional Development, Leadership Opportunities & Events
- Upcoming Virtual PD Sessions for DC Educators
- October 2020 LEA Special Education Points of Contact Webinar
- New PD Series! Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners
- Faculty and Staff Head of School Certification Training
- Virtual Field Trips with the National Air & Space Museum (reminder)
- WIDA eSummit for ALL Teachers of English Learners (reminder)
- Human Trafficking Awareness and Mandated Reporter Training (reminder)
Grants and Funding
- Fiscal Year 2021 DC Community Schools Incentive Initiative Grant (reminder)
Important Dates & Deadlines to Remember