View the LEA Look Forward for June 26 - July 2, 2019.
In this issue...
2019-20 Start of School Campaign
- Register Today! 2019 Start of School Make-Up Summit
- Complete the 2019 Start of School Summit Follow-Up Survey (reminder)
- Transportation Online Tool for Education (TOTE) Training (reminder)
- DCTAG has Money for College - Applications Due July 1
- New Training: Federal Grants Administrative Rules under the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)
- 2019-20 National School Lunch Program (NSLP) Applications - Due Aug. 30
- OSSE Releases the 2019-2021 School Garden Grant Request for Applications
- Fall SAT School Day Bulk Registration and Timeline Information
- FY20 Consolidated Application Webinar Series
- 2019 DC Data Summit
- Notice of Final Rulemaking: Chapter 75 Alternative Program Designation
On Friday, June 14, 2019, OSSE released a Notice of Final Rulemaking [updated], proposing a new chapter titled “Alternative Program” to Subtitle A “Office of the State Superintendent of Education” of Title 5 “Education” in the DC Municipal Regulations. This chapter sets forth the eligibility criteria for a school or specialized program within a school to be designated as an alternative education program and establishes the application process.
The final rulemaking can be found in the DC Register [updated] and on the OSSE website.
For LEAs applying for alternative program designation for the 2019-20 school year, the application can be found on the OSSE website and will close on Monday, July 15, 2019.
For more information or questions, please contact Byra Cole at [email protected].
- Federal Grant Opportunities: School Climate, Violence Prevention
- OSSE Releases the Healthy Tots Wellness Grant Request for Applications
- College Board’s SAT School Day Coordinator Training
- Second Supplemental Payment Receipt for Charter LEAs Now Available
Professional Development Opportunities
- Special Topics in English Learner Programming July Webinar: English Learner Family Engagement Practices
- High Leverage Practices for Teacher Leaders
- Foundational SIOP Training to Improve Academic Outcomes for English Learners
- Fall 2019 Biology Content Fellowship
- Essential Understandings for Learning and Teaching about American Indians: Creating a Culturally Responsive Classroom (reminder)
- Harnessing Student Collaboration for School Discipline (reminder)