Praxis Test Fee Assistance Program
Computer-based Praxis I Vouchers Available for tests taken August-September 20, 2008
Praxis II Registration Form Due Date: August 21, 2008
Test Date: September 13, 2008
Refer to the ETS Website for forms and registration information at: www.ets.org/praxis
Sponsored by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), Office of Educator Licensure and Quality, located at 51 N Street, NE 3rd Floor
The OSSE will fund the test and registration fees for Praxis I and Praxis II exams for all eligible public school teachers in the District of Columbia on a first come, first served basis.
For more information visit: [email protected] or call (202) 741-5311 or (202) 741-5900.
Praxis Fee Assistance Program
Registration Instructions for All Test-Takers
- You must be a currently appointed/employed public school teacher in the District of Columbia to qualify for this program.
- You are eligible to register for more than one test.
- Registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis for fully complete registration forms until program funds have been expended.
- Detailed registration information can be found on the ETS website.
- Please send an email to [email protected] if you have further questions.
Praxis I Registration Instructions
- Test fee assistance for Praxis I is only available for computer-based tests taken from August 2008 until September 20, 2008.
- Pick up a Praxis I voucher from the Office of Educator Licensure and Quality - 51 N Street, NE, 3rd Floor between the hours of 1 pm and 6 pm (Mon.-Fri.). You will need the voucher to make an appointment with a computer-based testing center (list available at www.ets.org/praxis).
- Vouchers will be available for pick-up from August 18-September 15, 2008 (or earlier based on a limited quantity of vouchers; they will be distributed first come, first served).
- Bring evidence of current employment, e.g., pay stub, original new hire letter, or other letter from your school’s principal verifying current employment when you come to pick up the voucher.
- To complete the registration process, contact the testing center where you would like to take the Praxis I.
- Voucher recipients who do not take the test will be required to repay OSSE the full registration and test fee by October 30, 2008.
Praxis II Registration Instructions
- Test fee assistance for Praxis II is only available for the paper-based test administration on September 13, 2008.
- Print out a paper registration form from the ETS website.
- Fax the completed registration form and evidence of current employment, e.g., pay stub, original new hire letter, or other letter from your school’s principal verifying current employment to (202) 741-8868; or deliver it to the Office of Educator Licensure and Quality - 51 N Street, NE, 3rd Floor between the hours of 1 pm and 6 pm (Mon.-Fri.). You may also scan and email your completed form to [email protected]. For DCPS employees, an alternate drop-off location is the DCPS Office of Human Resources at 825 North Capitol Street, NE, 6th Floor (office closes at 5 pm).
- The due date for the paper-based registration form is August 21, 2008.
- When completing the paper-based registration form, please fill out all requested information EXCEPT the Payment section.
- It is not permissible to transfer fees to the next available test date. Do not check this box on the form.
- Fill in the Total Amount Due in the Surcharges and Taxes section.
- Write out the closing statement indicated on the registration form and provide your signature.
- OSSE will fund all DC required Praxis II tests except ESL: Teaching English as a Second Language and ECE: Education of Young Children (not core areas under No Child Left Behind).