Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Instructions and Information:
- Requests for audio and transcription will not be processed until after the hearing(s) have concluded.
- Requests for an audio of the proceedings may take up to six business days to fulfill. To hear the audio you will need to download the software (only once) provided to you in a link by email.
- A request for a transcript of the proceedings, or a request for a copy of a certified record, may take up to 30 calendar days to fulfill. Please plan accordingly; the Office of Dispute Resolution does not expedite requests.
- All requests for records must be submitted to the Office of Dispute Resolution in person or electronically using this form. Emails received without the completed request form, and verbal requests, will not be accepted.
- All requests will be considered received based on the date that the request was file stamped “received” at the Office of Dispute Resolution.
- All requests are fulfilled in the order received.
- A requestor may choose one option ONLY, and receive one copy ONLY of the option requested.
- Non-OAG requests for certified records must include a stamped copy of page 1 of the appeal for verification.
Unless otherwise noted, all requests will be fulfilled electronically. Requests for paper copies, files or transcripts will be mailed to the address indicated above.
Related Service: Office of Dispute Resolution (ODR)