The Division of Early Learning (DEL) of the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) of the District of Columbia seeks applications from child care partners, to include child development centers, interested in joining the Quality Improvement Network (QIN). No financial awards will be directly awarded to successful applicants. Selected child care centers will receive the QIN reimbursement rate for subsidized child care services1, training and technical assistance to meet and maintain Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS).
Eligible applicants include child development centers that currently meet the following requirements:
- Provide subsidized child care services to eligible children pursuant to a valid Provider Agreement with OSSE;
- Operate in Wards 7 or 8;
- Have a current designation of Quality or High Quality in Capital Quality, DC’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS);
- Licensed to operate a child development center by OSSE, have not been grandfathered in, or exempt from certain licensing standards or received a waiver from any licensing requirements;
- Not currently operating under a restricted license;
- Have participated in training or education programming to learn best practices in caring for infants and toddlers in the past two years; and
- Serve children between birth and age 3 whereby:
- At least 10 percent of the current children enrolled have an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP); and
- At least 50 percent of the current children enrolled are recipients of subsidized child care services.
The agreement period is from Sept. 1, 2019 until Feb. 29, 2024. Failure to adhere to the child care partnership agreement may result in early termination.
In order to be considered, interested applicants must submit an application to OSSE. Applications must be received electronically to [email protected], Attention: Lizbeth White no later than Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2019, at 3 p.m. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Related Content: Early Learning Funding Opportunities