Welcome to the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) Division of Early Learning (DEL) curriculum approval process.
The curriculum approval process serves as a foundation for OSSE DEL to determine whether curricula are aligned to the DC Early Learning Standards (DC ELS) and publish a list of approved curricula for child development facilities to reference. Curriculum applications that are not approved will receive a denial notification. Applicants may reapply the following year.
Curriculum publishers, child development providers and professionals in the early care and education field are eligible to submit curricula for the curriculum approval process. To be able to complete the initial approval application, you must first register for a QuickBase account. [Access the registration page] Once successfully registered and verified, you will receive an email with instructions on how to set up a QuickBase account and how to access the application. The application period begins on March 1, 2021 and continues through April 30, 2021.
Please note the following timeline for FY21:
- March 1-April 30: Application Period
- May 1-15: Curriculum Review Period
- May 15: Notifications are released
- May 15-31: Contest Denial Period
- June 1: Approved curricula are posted on the OSSE website
- June 1-15: Contest Curriculum Review Period
- June 15: Notifications for Contest Denial are released
- July 1: Approved curricula are posted on the OSSE website
If you are already registered or already have a QuickBase account, please sign in to start the application.
Note: Some federal and local grants may have specific curriculum requirements and therefore may not allow certain programs to use OSSE’s newly approved curricula. Individual programs should refer back to their programmatic list of approved curricula.
For questions or concerns, please contact Buen Abo at [email protected].
- 2019 District of Columbia Early Learning Standards
- Curriculum Approval Process User Guide (Updated: Nov. 13, 2020)
Related Content: Early Learning Programs