Welcome to the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) Division of Early Learning (DEL) curriculum approval process.
The curriculum approval process serves as a foundation for OSSE DEL to determine whether curricula are aligned to the DC Early Learning Standards (DC ELS) and publish a list of approved curricula for child development facilities to reference. Curriculum applications that are not approved will receive a denial notification. Applicants may reapply the following year.
To be able to complete the initial approval application, you must first register for a QuickBase account. [Access the registration page] Once successfully registered, you will receive an email with instructions on how to set up a QuickBase account and how to access the application. The application period begins on March 1 and continues through March 31.
Please note the following timeline for 2020:
- March 1-31: Application Period
- April 1-15: Curriculum Review Period
- April 15: Notifications are released
- April 15-30: Contest Period
- May 1-15: Contest Curriculum Review Period
- May 15: Notifications are released
- June 1: Approved curricula are posted on the OSSE website
If you are already registered or already have a QuickBase account, please sign in to start the application.
For questions or concerns, please contact Buen Abo at [email protected].
- 2019 District of Columbia Early Learning Standards
- Curriculum Approval Process User Guide (coming soon)
Related Content: Early Learning Programs