This report presents data from the 2012 District of Columbia Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) and covers the following risk behavior categories:
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs;
- Emotional health and wellness;
- Nutrition, physical activity and sedentary behaviors;
- Sexual health;
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning;
- Violence and bullying; and
- Dating violence and neighborhood violence.
The report notes significant differences within subgroups of the D.C. youth population (e.g., sex, grade) for various health behaviors and describes behaviors that have undergone significant changes since the YRBS was previously administered citywide to both public and public charter schools in 2007.