Summer Institute for Garden-Based Teaching
The Washington Youth Garden hosted the Virtual Summer Institute for Garden-based Teaching in 2020. The series was designed for pre-K through grade 5 classroom teachers, but is relevant to all teachers.
You should watch this training if you are interested in:
- Increasing student engagement by providing hands-on learning experiences for students,
- Increasing the amount of time teachers are teaching standards-based, hands-on lessons in the school garden and on school grounds, and
- Supporting other teachers within your school to use the garden as a teaching tool and community resource.
- What Is Your Why: School Gardens with Purpose
- Designing Your School Garden and Team
- Gardening Basics
- Outdoor Group Management
- Teaching in the Garden: Getting Creative with Standards-based Lessons
For more information about the Summer Institute for Garden-Based Teaching program, please contact Sam Ullery, school garden specialist, at [email protected].