Connect with food and gardening in your community
JOIN SHARED ROOTS
Shared Roots encourages District residents to grow food by connecting them to new food-growing opportunities while caring for and building community in the garden.
There are two ways to participate in Shared Roots:
- A Site Coordinator provides access for community members to garden, grow, or maintain a garden site.
- A Member is a District resident interested in growing food and caring for a garden site.
The member application is now open until April 29. Applicants can expect to be matched with a gardening site by May 7. Each year there are more members than available spots at sites. There is no guarantee that members will be matched with a site.
Shared Roots Members must:
- Attend an online training with OSSE and DPR staff
- Attend an in-person training with the site coordinator
- Sign a District government waiver
- Grow food (to take home)
- Care for a garden site
The Site Coordinator Application is now closed.
Please contact [email protected] with questions.