As a part of its mission to increase student access to college opportunities, the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) announced in fall 2014 that it will host a free “SAT School Day” for all District public high school juniors and seniors.
The SAT School Day benefits students in many ways:
- Testing on a school day in familiar surroundings means students don’t have to juggle competing work or family obligations;
- Because they are testing in their own school, students can use the same transportation as on any school day;
- Students do not have to try to locate an unfamiliar testing site; and
- Students are more likely to know and trust the staff administering the test.
Benefits of the SAT School Day for colleges and universities include:
- An increased and diversified pool of college-ready students to help achieve their enrollment goals;
- More student names available in Student Search Service; and
- More prospective students one step closer to completing their college applications.
Based on the votes submitted by each local education agency (LEA), the 2022-23 school year cycle of SAT School Day dates is as follows:
Fall 2022 (seniors - Testing Completed)
- Testing date: Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2022
- Make-up date: Thursday, Oct. 27, 2022
Spring 2023 (juniors)
- Testing date: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Make-up date: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
FOR SPRING TEST DATES ONLY
OSSE will once again coordinate bulk registration for high school juniors for SAT School Day held on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, on behalf of all LEAs. Bulk registration involves OSSE submitting student rosters for the SAT to College Board, which generates printed labels for students to use on testing day. Bulk registration does not replace test ordering, which LEAs must complete on College Board’s test ordering site.
To ensure that OSSE submits accurate information, LEAs will be provided an opportunity to review their files. Please be advised of the following SAT bulk registration timeline:
- Jan. 18: OSSE shares individual LEA files with SAT School Day coordinators via Box, OSSE's secure file transfer site. SAT School Day coordinators check rosters for accuracy, including verifying the grade levels of students.
- Feb. 1: LEAs return updated rosters to OSSE via Box.
- Feb. 9: OSSE submits final bulk registration files to College Board.
Test Ordering Deadlines to Remember:
- Jan. 10: Deadline to submit testing accommodations requests for students with disabilities
- Jan. 27: Order deadline (test booklets and SSD materials); this is also the deadline to request extended time for English learners
- Feb. 14-16: Schools receive pre-administration materials and student guides
- Feb. 22-27: Schools receive test materials
- March 1: Test administration
- March 1-3: Schools return all answer sheets and test booklets to College Board
- March 1-3: Schools order test booklets for the makeup exam (held on March 22)
- March 24: Most scores available in K-12 reporting portal
All test ordering dates can be found on College Board’s website here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Joi Jones at [email protected].