During the open application window each fall, eligible and interested students are invited to complete the OSSE Scholars Summer Enrichment Program Application. There are two parts to the application. Students must first complete basic registration, school and eligibility information in Part 1. Once submitted, applicants receive a follow-up email within 24 hours and, if they are eligible, an invitation to complete Part 2 OSSE Scholars application.
In Part 2, applicants will complete additional academic information, short answer questions and will be required to upload:
- DC Tax Documents to demonstrate financial need;
- A signed release of information;
- Academic records including transcript, course schedule and immunization record;
- A writing sample comparing and contrasting OSSE Scholars partner colleges and the summer college programs the applicant is most interested in.
- To be considered for an interview, students must submit the OSSE Scholars Summer Enrichment Program application and upload all required documents by the posted deadline.
- Part 1 of the OSSE Scholars Application asks for basic personal and academic information as well as an eligibility checklist. Part 1 is due by Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020.
- After submitting Part 1, eligible applicants will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of the application by Thursday, Nov. 19, 2020.
- The OSSE Scholars Summer Enrichment Program application is due by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov 19, 2020. To be considered for interviews, students will be required to submit both parts of the application and all required documentation by the application deadline.
Application and Selection Timeline
Before you complete your application, please review the 2021 Application and Selection Timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to commonly asked questions about application, eligibility and programming, please review our FAQ Document.