Applicants currently employed with a DC Local Education Agency (LEA) that administers an official educator performance evaluation management system that is accepted by OSSE for the purposes of educator credentialing, may have their credential renewed based upon satisfactory practitioner performance.
1. Performance evaluation reviews must have been conducted while you were an employee of a DC local education agency that administers an official educator performance evaluation system that is accepted by OSSE for the purposes of obtaining a state educator credential.
2. Performance evaluation reviews must have been administered by the same DC LEA during the applicable renewal cycle of the credential being renewed.
3. Employees must have achieved at least an effective or equivalent performance rating for at least three school years of the four year validity term of the credential. The ratings must be achieved based upon a summative or student growth component of the evaluation system.
4. The assignment area of the performance evaluation review must have been conducted for same assignment area of the credential being renewed.
1. Applicants must submit all pages of their “final” (end-of-year) annual performance evaluation report for each applicable school year. Incomplete or partial reports shall not be accepted.
a) Applicants must make sure that all pages of their final end-of-year reports have been scanned and saved as clear color PDF formatted files. Scanning all pages of each year’s final performance report into one PDF document is required.
b) To collect your complete performance evaluation review reports, you must contact the employing agency or official that conducted your performance review.
2. You must submit all pages of your FBI personal criminal history record report that has been issued within the previous 12 months. If currently employed with the DCPS agency, your clearance status shall be made available to OSSE electronically. You do not need to upload a background report unless otherwise required.
3. All applicants, if you answer “Yes” to any one of the questions in the Applicant Background Information section of your application, you must submit all related court and/or proceedings documents pertaining to the matter at the time your application is being submitted. This is required even if you have been cleared for employment by your school agency. Failure to submit these documents may result in the rejection of your application.
4. To avoid processing delays or possible rejection of your application, do not submit an application until you have obtained all documents required for the credential you are seeking.