The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) Division of Health and Wellness is soliciting members of the public interested in the distribution of The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) commodities, to join the District of Columbia TEFAP State Advisory Board.
The purpose of the State Advisory Board is to provide valuable advice on how resources should be allocated among various eligible outlet types, what areas have the greatest need for food assistance, and other important issues that will help the District of Columbia to use program resources in the most efficient and effective manner possible. The State Advisory Board will provide commodity preferences for the District of Columbia. These preferences will influence what TEFAP products are ordered by the District of Columbia.
The TEFAP State Advisory Board will meet quarterly at the OSSE Headquarters in DC. The first meeting of the TEFAP State Advisory Board will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019, from 10-11:30 a.m. Members of the public who are interested in joining the State Advisory Board should contact Elysia DiCamillo, program specialist at [email protected].
Interested members must commit to the following:
- Attend the mandatory in-person meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019
- Attending in-person fiscal year 2020 meetings which will be held in October 2019, January 2020, April 2020, and July 2020
- Preparing for meetings in advance by reviewing materials and resources provided by OSSE
- Assisting in assessing food needs within the District of Columbia
- Provide commodity preferences to OSSE