The Low Income Investment Fund (LIIF) convenes an advisory committee quarterly comprised of early childhood stakeholders in DC. The role of the advisory committee is to provide guidance and feedback to support the Access to Quality Child Care Expansion grant (“A2Q”) rollout, advise on community needs, target technical assistance and ensure A2Q funds and TA are provided to underserved and underrepresented communities. The advisory committee does not make decisions related to specific grant awards, nor does it review grant applications.
Members of the A2Q Advisory Committee
- Saundra Armstrong, Shared Services Business Alliance
- Dale Brown, Child Care Resource and Referral
- Cynthia Davis, Kings and Queens Child Care Center and DC Family Childcare Association
- Pyper Davis, Educare DC
- Sally D’Italia, Children’s Center at Arnold and Porter and DC Director’s Exchange
- Gail Govoni, United Planning Organization
- Robert Gundling, Better Futures, LLC and District of Columbia Association for the Education of Young Children (DCAEYC)
- Delores McGee, Emergent Preparatory Academy
- Meredith McMahon, Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center and DC Director’s Exchange
- Cassandra Nelson, Kiddie University CCM, Inc.
- Pilla Parker, Hurley and Associates, LLC
- Deedee Wright, Jubilee Jumpstart
1 Section 4103(c)(1) of the Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Support Act of 2017, enacted July 31, 2017 (DC Act 22-0130)