Identity Verification (GEDTS and Pearson VUE requirements)
Candidates are required to provide one valid form of identification. The ID must be government-issued and non-expired. It must also include the student's name, date of birth, signature, and photograph.
- Driver's license
- Learner's permit
- National/state/country identification card
- Any other form of government-issued ID (national or foreign), including Matricula Consular
DC Residency Verification (DC Code §8402.1)
One is needed from this list to verify residency.
- Pay stub: Issued within the 45 day-window
- Unexpired official documentation of financial assistance from the Government of the District of Columbia: Issued within the past 12 months including, but not limited to, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid, the State Child Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), Supplemental Security Income, housing assistance or other programs.
- Certified copy of Form D40: Certified by the DC Office of Tax and Revenue, as evidence of payment of DC taxes for the current or most recent tax year.
- Military housing orders, including but not limited to a DEERS statement or other official communication on military letterhead.
- Embassy letter: Issued within the past 12 months.
- Evidence that the candidate is homeless.
- Proof that child is a ward of the District of Columbia, in the form of a court order or official documentation from DC Child and Family Services Agency.
Two are needed from this list to verify residency
(The address and name on each of the items must be the same.)
- Unexpired DC motor vehicle registration
- Unexpired lease or rental agreement with proof of payment of rent
- Unexpired DC motor vehicle operator’s permit or official government-issued non-driver identification
- Utility bill (only gas, electric, and water bills are acceptable) with proof of payment of a bill, from a period within the two months
Readiness to Test Verification [DC Code §8402.1 (c)]
- GED Ready Scores of “likely to pass” or “too close to call” within the last 30 days.
- Letter of Endorsement from Progam (first time testers only.)
Examinees who are 16 and 17 must request age waiver. (DC Code §8402.2)
Retesters MUST wait appropriate waiting period before they can request permission to retest. (DC Code §8403)
Related Content: General Education Development Tests (GED)