Thursday, September 1, 2016
What is the Enrollment Audit?
- The enrollment audit is used to develop public education funding and policies.
What does this mean for the schools?
- Schools participate in an annual headcount for each student enrolled
- Auditor reviews student records to ensure both enrollment and residency
Specific information regarding residency requirements and student calculation can be found in the following sections of the DC Code.
- DC Code §38-306 through 38-311 – specifies the requirements of proof of residency for students enrolled in DC public schools or the payment of tuition
- DC Code §38-1804.02 – specifies the requirements for calculating the number of students enrolled in DC public schools
Related Content: Enrollment and Residency