Dec. 10, 2015
The OSSE Nonpublic School Monitoring and Compliance Team along with the Training and Technical Assistance Team conducted an informational webinar on secondary transition planning in nonpublic special education schools. The introductory training provided an overview of the foundational theories that guide quality transition planning and covered:
- secondary transition best practices;
- legal requirements;
- tips for creating compliant secondary transition plans;
- how to capture this information within SEDS (Special Education Data System);
- interagency collaboration; and
- secondary transition plan development and implementation resources.
For additional information, please contact Supervisory Monitoring Specialist, Dr. Edgar Stewart.