Feb. 26, 2015
The OSSE Nonpublic School Monitoring and Compliance Team conducted an informational webinar to review key areas of compliance in special education practice. In addition to the introduction and closing remarks, the following regulatory areas related to nonpublic school or programs special education practice were covered:
- Introduction (11 minutes)
- Restraint and seclusion implementation, documentation, and follow up (36 minutes)
- Attendance and truancy notification (43 minutes)
- Related services documentation (60 minutes)
- Closing remarks (3 minutes)
Each area was covered in a 45-minute session with the session format as follows:
- Review of past findings of noncompliance
- Summary of relevant federal and District of Columbia regulations
- Facilitated Q&A discussion on demonstrating compliant practice.
For additional information, please contact Supervisory Monitoring Specialist, Dr. Edgar Stewart.